Your body needs water to survive. Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining good health, inside and out—every cell, tissue, and organ requires adequate hydration to function properly. Yet many people underestimate the importance of drinking enough H2O daily. Are you one of them? Water is the most important nutrient for your body, so drink up!
If you struggle to drink eight 8-ounce glasses daily (the recommended amount), here are plenty of great reasons to increase your hydration, starting NOW.
How Does Drinking More Water Improve Your Health?
Water makes up more than half of your body weight. However, you lose H2O every day when you sweat, go to the bathroom, and breathe. Plus, exercise, hot weather, and fever deplete the precious supply even faster, resulting in unhealthy dehydration if you’re not careful.
Hydration is key for staying healthy, inside and out...
1. Increased energy Dehydration slows down your circulation, causing the heart to work harder to pump oxygen throughout the body. The extra energy expended makes you feel fatigued and less focused—less likely to be productive. Drinking more water helps you stay hydrated and energetic.
2. Reduced joint pain Cartilage found in the joints contains 80% water. Dehydration reduces the joints’ shock absorption, triggering painful bone friction. Staying hydrated keeps your joints well-lubricated, which creates a cushion for smoother movement without aches and pains.
3. Enhanced brain function Mild dehydration—as little as 2% fluid loss—affects your mood, memory, and concentration. Increasing your daily intake of H2O has a positive effect on cognition.
4. Improved skin Your skin, the largest organ in the body, provides all-over protection by storing lipids and water as well as regulating body temperature. Drinking ample amounts of water reduces sagging skin, maintains pH balance, flushes toxins, reduces wrinkles, moisturizes, and improves elasticity. In short, H2O helps you maintain glowing, healthy skin.
5. Controlled hunger Drinking a cup or two of water before meals fills the stomach, which helps you eat less. Plus, hydration helps improve metabolism. So, help yourself to more water, not food.
6. Improved digestion Hydration helps digestion. Upping your water intake keeps everything moving in the right direction by breaking down soluble (dissolvable) fiber from your diet. Without enough H2O, you’re more likely to get “backed up” with constipation, gas, bloating, and heartburn. Ugh. Drink more water.
How to Stay Hydrated
If staying hydrated is difficult for you, try the easy tips below to help you get the H2O you need to stay healthy, inside and out...
• Keep a reusable water bottle with you during the day.
• Drink water before, during, and after a workout.
• Drink water before meals for weight management.
• Drink water at restaurants.
• Take a bath.
Soaking in the bathtub is a great way to ensure adequate hydration. Add AROMAFLORIA Muscle Soak, Stress Less, and Sleep Ease Bubble Bath and Bath Salts to the H2O to replenish with scent-sational hydration.
Finally, if you don’t like the taste of tasteless water, add a slice of citrus fruit for a healthy boost of flavor and vitamin C.
Drinking plenty of water daily improves your energy level, mobility, cognition, skin, weight management, digestion, and overall well-being. Drink up!